Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Zinfandel Cranberry Tangerine Sauce

Thankfully this recipe is simple.... and delicious!
Complexity Level:  Easy
Zinfandel Cranberry Tangerine Sauce
What You Need:
1 cup Zinfandel Wine
3/4 cup Water
2/3 cup Water
12 oz. Cranberries
1 can Whole Cranberry Sauce
1 Tangerine's Zest + Juice separated

Place the sugar, water, cranberries, wine, canned sauce, and tangerine zest into a medium soup pot.  Bring to boil then lower to a simmer.  SImmer for 45 minutes to an hour so assure a thick and sweet reduction.  The can of sauce is used to add a thick, gelatin like texture to the sauce you are making.  It really helps combine the elements.


The wine will reduce and take on the sweet sugar and cranberry zing.  Let chill at least 1 hour, and serve. This is fabulous for any meal, be it a Roasted Holiday Turkey or even a Turkey Sandwich!  Personally, I like to eat it as a dessert just as is.

I hope you enjoy!

XOXO,


2 comments:

  1. Aimee, I'm so glad I checked FoodBuzz "one last time" before I made my cranberry sauce -- this sounds absolutely delicious! I like that you used tangerines instead of oranges, and oh yeah, Zinfandel. :) (I agree with you, I could eat it as a dessert, too...) Buzzed ya -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimby ;) I hope you have a wonderful Holiday!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your Thoughts and for visiting Bargain Bites today!

Cool List

Listed on: Website submission