Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quick Simple Meatballs

Mangiamo! It's-a-time for some Meat-a-balls!
Ok, so forgive my italian "accent"! But trust me these are Bellisimo!
Complexity Level: Easy
 Quick Simple Meatballs
What you need:
1 lb Ground Beef
1/4 Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Egg
1 tbsp Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper

Life is so much better with big italian meatballs, right!? Well for my husband, it's true!

To start, add about 1/4 cup olive oil to a large skillet, and begin to heat on medium low heat. Next, place the ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Add all the spices and the egg, and mix well with your hands. Next, roll into your preferred sized meatballs. For my husband, I made them about the size of baseballs.

If you fear the mixing and rolling will take too long, jsut wait to heat the oil until you are done, to prevent burning and smoking -- which is a dangerous situation in the world of cooking with oil.

That was the hardest part, so you're in luck! WHen the oil is to heat, place all the meatballs into the skillet and cover.  COok for 5-6 minutes, then flip, and brown for another 5-6 minutes.  If your oil is too hot it will burn the meatball,s so keep it at a medium low flame/ heat level.

After browning the meatballs, add 2 cups (or really however much you want) of sauce, cover, and let the meatballs steam cook for about 10-15 minutes.  This step helps the meatballs steam out some grease, absorb some flavor, and it just makes them amazing. The sauce picks up the little bits in the pan, the meatballs hold shape, and everyone wins!

My husband doesn't like fresh parsley (I know, I know), but it would go great on top of these for a fresh color zap!
To serve, I toasted 1 slice of provolone onto a french roll, and added 4 meatballs topped with parmesan cheese.  The result:  Amazing meatball subs!!

My husband was so hungry he didn't allow me time to snap a picture of the sandwich!  Sadness :(

Thanks for having dinner with us!

2 comments:

  1. yum, i could totally go for a meatball sub right about now! looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, what's stopping you?! Lol I'd share but my husband is good at cleaning his plate:). Thanks for stopping by bv!

      Delete

Thanks for Sharing your Thoughts and for visiting Bargain Bites today!

Cool List

Listed on: Website submission