Sunday, October 28, 2012

Baked Mozzarella Meatballs

My husband is my biggest critic. At first, everything I made was always perfect in his opinion, even though I often disagreed -- we all have kitchen anger at times ;) But now that I spend my free time with catering events, parties, blog posts, and recipes galore he has finally given in to being, well.....honest. And I LOVE it -- It's adorable how he rates things, but none-the-less the scale works. And so here it is, the rankings I recieve for my recipes:
  • Amazing
  • Delicious
  • Needs Salt
  • Too salty
  • Sweet
  • Good
  • Not bad
  • Silence (which means really good)
  • and my favoriote: the "Sloppy bite by bite "This is the best ____ you have made ever made!"
Ok, ok! I am sure you want to know where this is going... Well let's just say I have made many a meat-a-ball in my time. Be it parmesan stuffed, tangy cocktail, sweedish, giant, italian, curry, lamb, pork, chicken... and without fail my husband has eaten them all (because I'm vegetarian of course!). But this time, after a long day of work, I literally whipped up a batch of oven baked meatballs for my husband in no time and at first, thought nothing of it.

Well, to my surprise. my husband, after a long day at school, returned the favor by plating up an amazing portion of pasta and meatballs, sat down, and then looked over to me. Normally I have to beg him to stop eating to get a ranking, but today, he continue to eat and with his famous food ranking stopped long enough to honor this recipe with the ranking:

Sloppy bite by bite "These are the best meatballs you have made ever made!!"

YES!!!!!!!!  With a rating like I just had to share!! So here it is. Another fast an easy recipe for you to try!:


Baked Mozzarella Meatballs
What You Need:
1.5 lbs Ground Beef
2 Eggs
1/3 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp crushed Bay Leaves
1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
1/2 tsp Salt

These are super easy to make. To start, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside. Add all your ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl, with your hands, knead everything together until it loks consistent.



Next, roll out the meat into your deisred size. For my husband and depending on my mood, I like to go anywhere from golf ball to soft ball sized, for pastas and subs. Today was agolf ball kinda day, and this recipe made roughly 30-32 meatballs. Place the meatballs onto the lightly greased baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, or until the meatballs are your desired color of golden brown.

Remove from heat and STOP!!!


Here is where you can mix up the game. You can place the plain  meatballs onto pasta if that's your style, or your can go even farther into the taste-mosphere and simmer them with your favorite pasta sauce for 15-20 more minutes!!! This is what I did for my husband, giving him the option of making a meatball sub or a bowl of pasta.

Either way, the letovers were great because it saved me 2 more dinners and time to relax with my pregnancy now at 27 weeks and growing (He's a the size of a large cauliflower in there and kicks like an olympian lol!). It's recipes like these that are fun to make for our family, because leftovers are always welcome and never forgoteen!

If you are plannign to feed 4 or more, I'd double the recipe to assure seconds and possible leftovers are a definite for you too!

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever make extra and freeze? I made two batches of your meatballs yesterday, one batch for spaghetti tomorrow night and the other I threw in the freezer. Made that batch kind of small for crock pot with bbq sauce, you know the ones that everyone serves as an appetizer.
    Thanks, tasted a few and they are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy these worked out for you! The BBQ and the oregano in the meatballs must have been quite unique in flavor -- we'll have to give it a whirl ;) I also agree -- making enough to freeze is always a plus especially in a busy household. Something about having frozen meals without the plastic films and "brownie" makes life better.

      Thanks for stopping by BB! Have a fabulous day and happy eats!

      Delete

Thanks for Sharing your Thoughts and for visiting Bargain Bites today!

Cool List

Listed on: Website submission